Author: Bijoyeti Ghosh
Enjoy this twist on an Italian favourite, our Carbonara recipe with lamb, spinach and tomatoes is a fresh take on a classic. Try for yourself with our simple recipe.
YIELD : 3 to 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 400g lean lamb, trimmed and sliced
- 1 Value Pack* Continental Creamy Bacon Carbonara Pasta & Sauce
- 1 cup (250mL) reduced fat milk
- 1¼ cups (310mL) hot water
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or fry pan and brown lamb.
- Add Pasta & Sauce, milk and water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Stir through spinach and tomatoes at the end of cooking.
- Hint: Top with a little crumbled reduced fat feta cheese.
- *If Value Packs are unavailable, replace with 2 Standard Packs and increase the liquid added to 1¾ cups (440mL) hot water and 1½ cups (375mL) reduced fat milk.