- 2 c. whole milk
- 1 (3.4-oz) package chocolate pudding
- 2/3 c. Nutella, plus more for garnish
- 3 c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 32 Oreos
- 2 bananas, sliced into coins
- 1/4 c. toasted hazelnuts or peanuts, roughly chopped
- In a large bowl, combine milk and chocolate pudding mix and whisk to combine. Place Nutella in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on low until pourable, 20 to 30 seconds. Fold Nutella into chocolate pudding and refrigerate.
- In another large bowl, combine heavy cream and vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside 1/3 of the mixture for topping the dish. Fold remaining whipped cream into the pudding mixture.
- Build the trifle: Spread half of the pudding mixture onto the bottom of the trifle dish. Cover with a layer of Oreo cookies—you may want to also stand some cookies up vertically, so you see the full circle along the edge of the trifle dish. Top with an even layer of banana slices. Add the remaining pudding, then add one more layer of Oreos and Bananas.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or up to overnight. When ready to serve, top with reserved whipped cream, a drizzle of melted Nutella, and nuts.